Goodness! The month of June is behind us already. I remember thinking June would never come as I anticipated Chris's graduation and getting to see him and then was let down when I couldn't come up with the funds. I wish I would have remembered this yesterday when the Child Support Enforcement Agency called me. It's ok, I got my point across to Mr. Mackey. I let him know they are robbing Chris blind. Taking 55% of his pay is ridiculous. Plus he just got Chris's $1076 Fed. Tax refund, $130 State and $600 Stimulus rebate. Then they have the nerve to only leave him less than $500 a month to live on. He's paying much more with much less money since he's been in the Army. I also let the guy know that Chris will be obtaining an attorney since he can get one free from JAG. I was nice, but got stressed my point. Mr. Mackey said he would look into it. Not to mention Mr. Mackey had agreed to allow Chris to send his payments of $400 a month in himself, then by the time Chris got his 2nd paycheck they took 55% of it. I told him about that too. He's calling me back in about a week after he checks all of this out. I understand he has to help support Kaleigh, but geez, he needs money to live on too. If he were out here having to pay for his living expenses, he'd be sunk. I will help him with this in anyway I can.
On another note. Everything is calm around here. I think we put a stop to all of the kids coming by all the time. Haven't seen any since Sunday, except Colby. LOL He's asked if he can move in for the summer. Heck his Mom gives him $20 a day, sure, that'll feed him. And buy his cigarettes.
We'll see what happens. I told him he could. He, of course would still talk to his parents daily and go see them, but would be over here. He's a good kid, he really is. I'm so happy that he got out of all the stuff he was into. His life would be a total mess by now if he were still in it. Thank God he has parents who care and who have gotten him the help he needed. Colby loves to clean, but he never comes to completeness. lol He means well and does finish some things. I can't complain as I don't expect him to do anything, nor do I ask him to. He does have a nasty habit of doing everything I ask Scott to do. I tell him not to. Scott needs to do something. I'll break him of that one. Sage will be gone only a week now instead of 2, so when he gets back, he'll be back over here. I will keep the numbers of bodies down though. I think we have a handle on it now.
The heart cath is coming up really soon. Monday will be here before I know it. I just hope this is the beginning of treatment and I hope I can take pills instead of the IV treatment to start with. I don't know if the pills are as affective as the IV meds. I do know the IV meds slow the progression and usually everyone is put on IV meds along with pills. The anticipation is killing me. Maybe after this heart cath, the reality of all of this will sink in and I'll throw the cigs away. Dr. Bag thinks I quit smoking back in Feb. I won't let him know any differently. I just don't want to hear about it or sabotage what treatment he'll do. Some docs can get discouraged and feel that if the patient isn't trying to help themselves, then they don't put as much into it. I don't want that happening. I can imagine they'd feel their work was in vane.
Today is Charlottes 59th Birthday. I sure feel for Dale. He kept telling Peggy the day she died that he didn't know what he was going to do now. He still has many years ahead of him, he comes from healthy genes. His Mother lived to be in her late 80's or early 90's. He's only in his late 60's. So I'd say he has another good 20 yrs on him. He quit smoking when he retired and never smoked more than a pack per day. But he does have that weighing against him. His Mother didn't smoke I don't think. I never met the woman and they were married close to 40 yrs. May she RIP. She suffers no more, thank the Lord.
I think I may have found a church I want to go to. Here's the web link http://www.ccyok.com/. It's on Vandament here in Yukon. I've read every bit of their site and I'm in agreement with everything. It sounds a lot like the church I was a member of in Tulsa. And I remembered yesterday when I was surfing their site that one of Chris's ex co-workers and his wife attend church there. Also, I know Floyd and his wife, Ima. They are in their 60's but going strong. lol I'll have to call them up and meet them there some Sunday so I can try it out. They have all of the Youth programs my church in Tulsa had and the entire setup is about the same. I sure felt at home reading everything on their site. So, I'll get that courage to walk through those doors one Sunday. They only have one service, it's at 10:30, so that won't be so bad and they have the family dinners on Wednesday nights too. I just hope that after I start going I can entice Scott to go too. It looks like they have a great youth group. There are things I could get involved in at the church as well. So we'll see :)
Ok, this is about all I have to say for now. Maybe I'll write more later today. Happy Day!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment