Today has been kind of a "blah" day. Nothing really eventful, except the lack of liking of my Aide. If it were up to me she wouldn't get paid more than minimum wage. She just isn't worth it. Today she came and after standing here for 15 mins talking, before she clocked in and then a little bit afterwards and she was late to boot. She finally asked if I needed her to do anything today. Well gee, look around! So, I did ask her to clean the trash cans, ALL of them, and clean out the fridge. Then she asked if I wanted her to fix some lunch or what ever. I did have her to fix us breakfast. Just french toast, eggs and sausage. I know it's not her job to cook for the boys, but while she's at it, might as well, right? Well, I know it's not right, but have her to fix mine, then me go in and fix theirs? That just seems stupid. Anyway, she did fix breakfast and cleaned the fridge and trash cans and that is ALL she did in 3 hrs. And she claims she has the house caught up since Tara being here. Hell it looks worse than when Tara left here last. It is so hard to get a good Aide. I did go ahead and call my Case Manager and requested to change Companies. I've only given her a wk and a half, and in that time, she's missed a day already for something that she could have done after work. She gets off here at 2:30 and the Court House is opened till 5:00. And then she comes in today and reports that she didn't get anywhere with all of that yesterday. I'm not surprised, she just talks too much. She's a very nice girl, but I'm not sure that she really gets what her job is. I have to say, I've had MUCH better Aides than her. I thought she would work out after the first couple of days, but it went downhill from there.
Monday I asked her to clean my room, she said, "you mean make the bed and vacuum"? I just agreed and rolled my eyes after she had turned away. If I have to give her that kind of instruction then I'm not wasting my breath. Oh and today, because she did the fridge and trash cans, she didn't clean the kitchen. Just left it as it was. And it will be there for her tomorrow. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Colby said he'd clean it, but I told him no, leave it for her to do tomorrow. And I bet that is all she gets done tomorrow too.
I hope I don't sound like a slave driver, and I don't think I'm asking too much, am I? She is being paid nearly 9 bucks an hr, you'd think she could get more done than she does. Oh well, I'm going to go back to Baptist Home Care, I never really had as much trouble out of them. Quincie is leaving darn it. I'd love to have her back. But then on the other hand, we are too close really to have her work here again. I'm going to ask my Case Manager, maybe I need to go to a whole new company and not go back to Baptist. I'll call Baptist tomorrow and kind of fill them out. See if they even have an Aide who does Yukon. See how long and how hard it will be to get staffed. I really hate to give up Becky, my nurse, but nurses are easy to replace. In home care anyway. She just fills my med planner trays and does vitals. But I've had her a long time and am comfortable with her. Oh well again! Such as life in the Home Health care business. lol
I guess everything else is going ok today. Tomorrow is Dr. Mackey day. I am out of pain pills again. lol So I'm glad. I've taken my last 3 today. I wish he'd just give me 180 of them and leave off the long acting stuff and leave me be! I'd be just fine and would never run out. Never did before. And he did give me an extra 40 this month. Maybe he'll increase the qty this time. I sure hope so, I am going to ask him to. I doubt that he will, he'll want to increase the long acting more and I'm just going to tell him that I'm afraid if we go any higher, I'll start swelling again. We'll see what happens. He sure is good looking!! If I were healthy and he weren't' married, oh my!! I'd go after him! LOL
Scott has been okay today. Non-eventful. He slept really late and is up now but still in his room. Jacob and Colby are still here. Colby fixed my filing cabinet today. Yesterday he cleaned my ceiling fan in my room. I think he might have cleaned the one in the living room today and was going to do Scott's too.
I'm not even cooking tonight. I'm going to take a shower, much needed at that, lay on my bed and watch tv for the evening. Sounds good to me! Sooner Ride will pick me up at 12:15 tomorrow and take me to Edmond. I don't know if I wrote this yesterday or not, can't remember. But when I drive myself to Edmond I can get reimbursed. Well that's what I was told yesterday. Now, reading the voucher, it asks for the name of the person who drove me and they are the one who will get paid. I'll have to call back and see if I misunderstood yesterday. Darn it!!
Oh well, I guess this is all I have to say right now.........later on :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment