Ah! Yesterday was a great day. I had a hard time getting started, but once I did, I flew through it all. Got everything done just in time. Colby did all the cooking and everything turned out perfect. Of course we cooked way too much food. I always do on holidays. But we have lots of leftovers, so I don't have to cook much for the next few days. That's the best part about cooking too much food!
After doing all of that on only 3 hrs sleep, I'm exhausted today and very sore. I over did it, but it wasn't too bad while I was doing it. I just took my pain meds and they got me through it all. Today sometime, I have to go to Walmart and get a few things. And Colby turned the garbage disposal on yesterday with a spoon in it he didn't know was there and now it's jammed. I don't know how we're going to get it fixed. I DO NOT want to call the Landlord. So I'm going to have Colby see if his Dad will come look at it. I wish Bill weren't in the hospital in Tulsa, he's the one I usually call. I did call Danny yesterday, but so far no answer back. I'm going to leave a message at his job today. There, I just called him and he's coming to do it this evening when he gets off work. Hopefully he'll be able to fix it. He's the one that installed it, so I'm hoping. I'm of course going to pay him gas money, but it will be worth not having to call Linda.
I tell ya, Colby is a great little worker. He finished cleaning the back yard yesterday, well for the most part anyway. He even took the trampoline down. I kind of wish he didn't do that as Smokie uses it to lay on. But it's got a big hole in the middle of it. It's weather worn, been out there for 4 yrs now. I'm surprised it's lasted this long actually. Now, I've got to solicit Mike and give him gas money to bring his truck over and haul a bunch of this stuff off to the city dump for me. I just hope he can do it. He's really good about helping me out and they are open on Sunday's which is one of his days off. Or he could do it on a Tuesday when he's off too. I'll get the boys to do all the loading and unloading, as to not make Mike work on his day off. lol
His sister Cindy, came over to visit yesterday. Oh I feel so bad for her. She's 47 yrs old and has lung cancer and it's moved to her brain. She's finished radiation and now just starting Chemo. She's totally bald. She has a wig, but didn't wear it yesterday, which is fine with me. LOL It's probably much cooler than the wig. I know I'd hate to wear a wig, I'd be so hot. She lives in Bethany so we'll be visiting with each other. Which will be really nice to have a friend who is in town instead of on the Internet. I love all my Internet friends, but it's nice to have a "real life" one too. She's such a sweetheart and is single, bless her heart. Her family is very supportive though. Mike and her are so close they should be twins. She's 4 yrs older than him. Her Mom and Dad help her out financially and her Mom comes and helps with her laundry and stuff. I'm calling my Nurse Case Manager Monday to try and help her get set up on the Advantage Program. She could use a Therapist as well. I've told Nancy about this in an email I think, so I'm feeling like I've already written about this. Oh I hate my memory. Or lack of. Sometimes I'll feel like I've done something that I've only thought about doing and it drives me crazy.
The boys went to Mustang last night to set off the fireworks they bought. They were going to stay in Mustang without a tent or anything, which was totally silly to me. But they wound up going to Keith's house, who is a 21 yr old ex boyfriend of Krista's who comes over all the time. She comes over that is. Anyway, they stayed at his house. I guess he was out there with them. They still aren't home yet, but I talked to Scott at 3am and then this morning too. They'll be home by noon. Then I have to get them busy cleaning up this kitchen and living room. I have to go to Walmart and get dishwasher soap and stuff. I really don't feel like going and do wish one of them had their drivers license. Krista does of course and has a vehicle too. I may ask her if she can take Scott for me if she stays when they get home today. That would be awesome. She actually took them to get the fireworks yesterday as I didn't feel like doing it with all else I had to do. She was a life saver. I just love all of these kids. They are really a great group of teens. They do get on my nerves sometimes, but that goes with any child. I'm so glad Scott's friends enjoy being in our home. And Scott likes having them here. Although he does like to get out of here sometimes too. He wants to go to someone elses house. But can only do that on the weekends. But then all of his friends want to be here, so it's kind of hard on him. He really needed to stay out last night, so I'm glad they did. And a wk or so ago, they went camping with DJ. That was good for him too. He and Colby wanted to go camping alone the other night and I wouldn't have it. Safety in numbers! I just couldn't allow them to be out in the woods by themselves. Not safe at all. I don't care what town you are in. That's where children get killed. Oh I just couldn't live with myself if I permitted them to do something that caused them harm or death. I'd be a basket case.
Ok, I guess I'm going to end this for now. I may or may not write more later today. Oh wait, there is one more thing I want to write about now.
A friend of mine from Hugs & Pain Group on Yahoo and I are going to write a book! It started out as her just suggesting such a thing be on the market, then it turned into several of us writing a chapter each and putting a book together on living with chronic pain and illness. Now, everyone who was interested aren't showing much interest anymore, so it's looking like it will be just her and I. She's going to put out a message one more time to see if any of those who were interested are still interested, if not, then we're going for it. I've already started mine and she has too. We should be able to put this together in a couple of months. She's doing the appendix and prologue and all. I will help her with what ever she needs me to help her with. But she'll do all of the contacting publishers and all of that stuff. Thank God! But I'll help where I can. Then we'll donate some of the proceeds to research and split the rest. I think this would be great. And there aren't really any books on the market that are written by the suffers. She's researching that too. Ok, that's it for now!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment