Sunday, July 6, 2008

Sunday July 6, 08

Today has been a pretty peaceful day. I've been exhausted though. I've only had 9 hrs sleep in 3 days. No naps either. I'm going to take a Trazodone in 5 minutes and go to bed at 8 so I can get up at 4:30. I don't want to go to bed that early though. I hate sleeping that much, but it's to the point that I've got to get a good nights sleep. I was a little edgy today. So that's my clue that I need some sleep. Not to mention the pain is much worse and the fatigue.

Colby continues to work around here. He cleaned the kitchen up this morning and the living room. He even got up on the roof and trimmed the tree in the back yard. Got all the limbs off of the new roof. I'm sure Linda would appreciate that. It's our job to maintain the trees anyway. And he's just checked out my fan here in the office, he's going to take it apart and clean it too. Tomorrow while I'm gone, he and Scott are going to bomb the house for fleas and treat the back yard, then they'll bathe the dogs and hopefully this will rid the fleas once and for all. I usually start treating the yard in Feb, but this year, we didn't get the stuff down the first time until May 1. Just 3 months late and by then we already had fleas and ticks. No ticks now though, just the irritating fleas. I hate fleas. I hate them being on my babies too. Poor things :(

I'm ready for the heart cath. I am getting a bit anxious. I want to know numbers and what he's going to do for my treatment and I'm not leaving tomorrow without those things. I want to also know WHEN the treatment will be started. I want this done NOW, not three months from now. This has all taken WAY too long in my book. I saw him for the first time 4 months ago and this is only as far as we've gotten? That's a bit ridiculous I think. And I will probably tell him so tomorrow. I know it's not completely his fault, but I do feel he should know a bit more about what is going on with his office staff and the flow of things in his office. His patients shouldn't be allowed to fall through the cracks as I've been allowed to do. I could just drop him and there would be no follow up with me to find out why. They'd probably just assume that I had gone to a different doctor. Let's not consider that I could have died or something like that, due to them dragging their feet. I'm still upset with his office staff and I'm trying not to let it overflow onto him and my feelings toward him. I don't want to go to the doc at OU if I don't have to. I think I'd just about totally give up if I had to go there. And just forget I've got PH. So you can see how upset I am over all of this. There is just no valid excuse for this all to take this long. And he only has 40 of us PH patients. I hear other specialists have over 100 PH patients. OMGosh what would Dr. Bag do with that many when he can't even manage the ones he has? Some would surely die.

No comments: