Monday, June 23, 2008

Monday June 23, 08

Man o man! I'm glad yesterday is over. But I'm sure worn out this morning. I got up really early, like a little after 5.

This was a whirlwind weekend for sure and then topped off with Charlotte's death. No wonder I'm tired. I'm kind of relieved that Shana isn't staying here. That would have been another stressor that I didn't need. I'm doing good dealing with Scott and all of his friends. I'm thankful he has a social life, but my gosh, it's 7 days per week. He sure got popular. There are kids in and out of here all the time. And it's not just 3 anymore. There are about 8 or 9 that come and go. It does make me feel good that his friends enjoy being here. I'd rather have this than for Scott to be gone all the time like this kids are gone from home all the time.

That girl Ashley came over yesterday. Been a little while since she's been here. Then Sage showed up around 9:30. He and her went to McDonald's at 10:30 and then around 12:30 Scott and him were sending text messages back and forth. Sage was going to spend the night, but he thought Ashley was too. So did she. I told Scott when she got here last night that she wasn't spending the night. So since Scott told them no on Ashley, Sage told Scott that he and her would just stay in the park. So that's what they did I guess. This is not a stop off for kids who are mad at their parents. Scott said Ashley and she had gotten into it yesterday morning. I don't know about these kids, I'm just glad I know where mine is all the time. No, I don't know what he is doing when he isn't home, but I can bet it's nothing to get him into trouble. These parents just kill me. I don't understand why they don't care anymore than they do about their children. I guess as long as they are out of their hair, they just don't care. I have to know where mine are all the time and what they are doing.

Chris has changed so much. You can hear it in his conversations. He goes to Church every Sunday now. He's stayed off the cigarettes, he's gained 27 lbs. I bet he looks great. I can't wait to see him. I'm so proud of him. And he won't eat fast food no more. I had some over the weekend and he said it didn't agree with his stomach at all. He'll stick to the Army food, he said it's good for you. He told me what he ate for breakfast yesterday morning, OMGosh, I don't know where he put it, but it was all healthy. Hell, I can't afford to eat healthy :( I wish I could. We used to eat pretty healthy, but not anymore. Not since Danny left and the cost of living has risen so high so fast. Social Security just has to give us more of a pay increase this year. I think we need 35% to match the cost of living increase, but you can be we'll get the measly 1.5% or so. $20 bucks per month is 20 bucks, but geez, what does that buy these days? A 1/4 tank of gas? Maybe part of a days worth of food? This cost of living is just unreal. I don't know how people are getting too and from work with the gas prices alone. You know companies aren't giving 35% raises either. They really need to call this a recession, at least the prices might fall some.

Ok, enough of my ranting. I'm sure everyone is getting tired of hearing about the cost of living. More later.

No comments: