Monday, June 16, 2008

Monday June 16, 08

Today has been a decent day. I actually woke up with NO pain today. Amazing! That almost NEVER happens. And so far, I still have yet to need to take pain meds and I got up at 5 this morning. The pain is just now starting to build a bit, but not enough for meds yet. I'm trying to hard not to sleep so much. I know I should be getting at least 7 hrs, but I always seem to go over that if I allow myself to sleep that long. I did take a nap today as 3 hrs sleep just doesn't cut it. I got about a 2 hr nap. It felt great and would have slept longer had Smokie not woke me. These boys are comparable to toddlers almost, except they don't get into everything they see. lol But when they want me up or want to go to bed, they are relentless!
Scott had Colby over again last night. His Mom came and got him for school this morning. They are now talking me into him spending another night and ME taking him to school, he has to be there at 7:30. I guess I could do that this one time! I hate to commit to that as I fear not getting up in time, but Scott said he'd make sure I'm awake.
Tara did come today, but I can bet she won't be here all week as her check was only $120 and then she was over drawn so she only has like $64 to last her the week and I know she'll be running out of gas unless she borrowed from Mom, if Mom even has it. She hasn't said anything yet, I'm assuming. She misses too many hours. She's talking about needing to find another job, one that pays more. If she'd work the hours she has at this job, she'd have as decent of a pay check as you can have on $6.50 per hr. And she would make more per hour as she'd be working more hours. Oh well, not my problem. I just hate that I'll be changing Aide's once again! UGH. I get so tired of changing Aide's. If only Nancy's hubby hadn't have moved her to Texas, I was so upset over that as she was a WONDERFUL Aide, the BEST I've ever had. Yep even better than Quincy. So, I'm thinking of calling Patrick, her boss and telling him to go ahead and find someone else for me, just because she has really slacked off on how she does her job and what she even does. I have to ask her to do a lot of things. She does just what she has to in order to get by and that isn't even up to par. She was good when she first started.
Colby is a good little worker. He took it upon himself to get the chainsaw out of the garage and cut up the limbs that are in the backyard from the last storm. He's been doing the dishes and even cleaned out the microwave today as Tara hasn't done it in a few weeks. I wish Scott would work like this. But Colby says his Mom won't let him clean and he likes to. lol I wish I didn't need the help as I would just do it all by myself as I used to. I would never let anyone help me with my housework. Well Colby's Mom just came and got him, so it was a NO! He did come back over after school today. He even made he and Scott spaghetti for lunch. A little handyman! He really is an awesome kid. I have to say, I'd raise 10 boys as to have to deal with girls. lol No offense Tanja!
I painfully cancelled both my reservations this morning. I figured there was no way that a miracle was going to happen. For what ever reason, God just didn't see fit for us to go :( Just not fair at all. I know He must be sparing us from some tragedy or something to that effect. Or maybe I would have wound up in the hospital away from home. Who knows, only He knows. Maybe someday we'll know the reason. I wouldn't have been going anywhere near the flooding, so that isn't the case, but there have been many tornado's between here and there and along the way, so maybe that's it? I don't know. Now I just have to pray for God to lift Chris's spirits on that day and for him to know that I'm with him in spirit and how bad it's hurting me that I'm not there. It still sucks though.
END

No comments: