Saturday, August 2, 2008

Saturday August 2, 08, Con't

I had gotten a payday loan from online, in which I had to give them my account number or order for them to deposit the money into my account. I was to pay them monthly, but my calling or paying online. I wasn't able to make the first payment on time, so they debited my account causing $70 in insufficient fund charges and I called my bank about this and told them that I did NOT authorize them to debit my account and he said that since I took out the loan and gave them my account number that they could do what ever they wanted to. I DID NOT authorize them to debit money from my account. So I asked him if I had a car loan, which I do and I have at one time or another paid them with my debit card over the phone and then later defaulted on the loan, could they debit my account for payment without me authorizing it? He said YES. I then asked if they could do so without court order and he said yes. So I guess if ANYone has your checking account number they can take money out of your account with no proof that you authorized them to or not, just because they have the account number. Is that not ABSURD or what?

Gee I spell better when I'm mad. lol No misspelled words here at all. lol Well except it didn't like the ANYone!!

No comments: